Laketobatour.com – Maimoon Palace has proven to be an integral part of the Indonesian culture and heritage.
The majestic palace, built in 1888, showcases the perfect marriage of western and Islamic architectural design.
Spanish, Indian and Italian influences are evident throughout the palace’s exterior and interior designs. It is just one example of the attractions in Medan that you will visit.
About 5 hours from Medan lies Lake Toba. It is the remains of a supervolcanic eruption that dates back to 74,000 years ago.
The caldera that forms the central part of the volcano collapsed and was gradually filled with water to become the biggest crater lake in the world.
Similiar Tour : Tour Medan Lake Toba 3 Days 2 Nights
Due to rising caldera floor, an island known as Samosir emerged at the center of the lake. It is now home to many traditional villages.
Ambarita is perhaps the most visited village on Samosir Island due to its intriguing cultural history.
The Toba Batak people who lived there used to practice cannibalism. Hence, stone furniture used to sentence and behead criminals is here.
- Samosir Island
- Tomok Village
- Ambarita Village
Itinerary Tour Medan Parapat Samosir 3 Days 2 Nights
Day 1: Medan – Parapat – Samosir Island (L, D)
Upon arrival at Kualanamu International Airport, you will be greeted by the tour guide.
Start the journey to Lake Toba, the biggest lake volcano in the world. Lunch in local restaurant.
Proceed to Lake Toba, en route stop at Patent Shop to buy local food such as Ting-ting, Teng-Teng, etc. Arrive in Parapat, then by ferry/boat crossing to Samosir Island about 45 minutes.
Arrive on Samosir Island, check-in the hotel, and have dinner at the restaurant. Then you have free time, recommended to see nightlife on the island.
Day 2: Samosir Island – Parapat – Medan (B, L, D)
After breakfast at hotel, check-out and start for Samosir Island Tour. Visit Tomok Village to see the tombs of ancient Batak kings, i.e., the kings of Sidabutar.
After visiting Tomok Village, the tour will continue to Ambarita to see another Batak village where there are the famous stone chairs and the execution place of King Siallagan.
Then, ride back to Parapat and have lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, proceed back to Medan.
Upon the arrival in Medan (5 hours at an average speed), check in the hotel for dinner and rest overnight. Enjoy your free time or nightlife in Medan.
Day 3: Medan – Airport (B)
After breakfast at the hotel, proceed back to Medan. Explore Al-Mahsun Grand Mosque, Maimoon Palace, shopping at Batik Center, Medan Mall, Sun Plaza (your choice depending on how much time you have before you need to transfer to the airport). Transfer to airport to your next destination.
Adults: US$ 325/person
Children: US$ 299/person (aged 5-18 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- Accommodations (3-star or equivalent)
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) as indicated in the itinerary
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Driver/guide tips
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 2 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days.
There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan.
We will drop you off at the original departure point.